What comes to mind when you think about trucking companies? Like many, two brands stand out: UPS and FedEx. While there is no denying the fact that these two providers are among the most recognizable in the industry, it is important to note that they are far from the only option.
There is a misconception in today’s world that every trucking company is a huge organization, servicing the entire world in a fast and efficient manner. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Best Yet Express, for example, does not directly compete with the likes of UPS and FedEx. Instead, we have carved out a niche in the local area that allows us to provide high quality, targeted service to consumers and business owners.
While there are similarities between smaller trucking companies and nationally recognized brands, there are more differences than most people ever come to understand. For example:
- Most small companies don’t strive to provide service to customers all over the globe. Instead, they focus on a local area and a targeted niche.
- Small companies have a small fleet of trucks. Big companies have thousands of trucks as well as the ability to ship freight via air on a daily basis.
In some cases, a well-known trucking company, such as UPS, is the only way to go. If a package needs shipped across the country as quickly as possible, there are only so many providers that can provide service.
On the other hand, there are situations in which a smaller company is the right choice. Some jobs are not worth the “time” to the nationally recognized trucking companies. However, smaller organizations are more than willing to step in and pick up the slack.
Benefits of Turning to a Smaller Trucking Company
When it comes to choosing a trucking company, bigger is not always better. We want people to realize that we offer our services because we are good at what we do.
Here are three benefits of relying on a smaller provider:
1. Local service. We have been serving Los Angeles and surrounding areas since 1978. Our local trucking services have been relied upon by tens of thousands of customers over the years. Our familiarity with the Southern California area goes a long way in putting the customer’s mind at ease.
2. Better service. Let’s face it: when you turn to UPS or FedEx you are never going to receive personalized service. Instead, all you can do is hope for the best. With a smaller provider, such as Best Yet Express, you know you will be taken care of from beginning to end.
Note: we offer all the same technology as the “big boys,” including electronic tracking.
3. Competitively priced. In today’s world, saving money is a big deal. If you ship a lot of items, you know that the cost can quickly add up. This is why we keep our prices in line with competitors, and cheaper than many of the biggest companies.
Do you still have questions? If so, contact us immediately to discuss your situation in greater detail.